S.T.E.P. Mission Statement
To transition students from school to adult life by connecting them to opportunities and supports that foster their full participation in the community
CTC students between 18-21 years of age participate in the Student Transition and Education Program to further develop life skills, workplace readiness and community independence. Hands-on learning experiences provide students with the knowledge and tools to support their transition into life out of the school setting.
Hands-on learning experiences provide students with:
- Real-world experiences that align with IEP goals
- Social skills development: – Problem solving – Decision making – Self-Advocacy
- Vocational experiences
- Employability skills & good work habits
- Activities of daily living: CTC on-site, simulated “apartment” with a working kitchen and bedroom
- Weekly, community based instruction trips:
- community centers
- tours of local areas for leisure activities
- And more!
For further information regarding S.T.E.P. please contact Jesse Green, Oakland Assistant Principal at JGreen@ctcacademy.org or 201-612-5677
For a downloadable S.T.E.P brochure, please click here